Sunday 24 January 2016

I'm taking on a challenge

I have signed up to be a part of the Chorus 21 day Les Mills Corporate Challenge.

Why?

Because I guess not so much that I'm nuts - you all know that anyway but more because I need some stimulation and motivation from other people and what a better way to do that, than with people I work with.

So I got allocated into a team with seven other colleagues - in fact I am really happy with the colleagues who are in my team as they are not all the "gym bunnies" that haunt my floor and actually scare me off even flaunting my tummy in work out clothes but in fact they are a couple of work friends, a couple of every day guys and yes a couple of those guys who already work out hard at a gym but these are guys I am comfortable with anyway at work so wont panic too much lol.  Our team will forever now be known as Team Tune Up.


So the challenge is to get us into a gym and work out.  Each time we log in we get 3 points and everytime we do an extra challenge that comes through we get extra points.  The goal at the end is of course to have lost some weight but also be the team who earns the most points.  The biggest goal of course is for Les Mills to have tempted us into joining their gym lol.

I signed up and I went in and had my weigh in session with a lovely lad called Chris and in the end I spend a good 45 minutes with him talking about my issues and bouncing ideas off him.  He was pretty awesome actually.  He then weighed me (Man I hate being weighed on other scales as they never do match what mine say lol) and then took me for a walk around the gym.  It's big, it's bright, its spread over three floors, though only two are actually exercise areas AND you have to climb stairs to get to each floor - no lifts in this building.

The challenge starts tomorrow (though Wellington starts one day later as its Anniversary Day tomorrow and a day off).  Auckland has their Anniversary day next Monday so that evens us out.  Our team is planning on doing a couple of lunch time group sessions twice a week and then its up to us to get into the gym at least two more times each week if not more.  

There are a couple of group classes that I would like to try - their version of my gym's Centergy class (Yoga and Pilates)which is called Body Balance but they use Pilates and Tai Chi and perhaps Body Jam which is their dance class.

I dont see us being the team that wins because there's always going to be someone better and more of a gym junkie than us but if this helps me get my mojo back working again then Im all for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment