Thursday 28 January 2016

You'll never walk alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone


These are the lyrics to a song written by Rogers and Hammerstein II and they are of course the words to the Liverpool Football Club Supporters Anthem.


In a Nix Shirt going to
the Liverpool Game lol
Now those of you that know me well, know me as a very ardent football supporter of the local Phoenix team and a staunch Scouser - that's a Liverpudlian football supporter.

I went this month to Australia, to Sydney, to see a few of my favourite football stars for Liverpool play in an exhibition match against some Australians. It was called the Legends match, and oh what a bunch of legends there were.  Grobelaar, Rush, Gerrard, Aldridge, Carragher and Garcia were all there splendid in their mighty red.  I was in football heaven.  40000 people were there to witness history being made.

After 90 minutes of amazing football action my darling reds had won. Garcia, Aldridge and Rush had scored four goals between them and the Aussies scored nothing.  I was jubilant.  Nothing but nothing could marr my moment. Or so I thought.  I splurged and purchased all the memorabilia including a proper football jersey to wear.  And guess what.  That $AUD100 Red Liverpool football jersey doesn't fit.  Its my size you know - that awful XXL on the tag but its not a Kiwi XXL its a friggen different XXL and its so tight my boobies are squished and my tummy isn't - it sticks out a mile lol.  This shirt is probably a good two sizes too small for this body of mine.


#YNWA
So one of the things that my hypnotherapist said to me was to find something I am truly in love with that I don't currently fit and want to fit.  And when I find that one thing to put it somewhere where I can see it every day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night as a reminder and motivator for me so I have.  I have hung my pride and joy, my new shirt up in front of my wardrobe door where I see it first thing every morning and last thing each night.  And I will fit into it.  I know I will.  

Good things take time remember.... but they better not take too much time cause I don't want it to get covered in sand, dust and cobwebs while it waits for my waist to catch up :)

Weight today 135.9 kg - thats 400 gm lost in 6 days - small steps remember

Finally if you want to hear what our favourite song looks like when its sung by 40000 people at Sydneys ANZ Stadium then click on the link below that goes to my Youtube site.

You'll Never Walk Alone - Sydney January 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment